In the ECHL, in playoff action, the Toledo Walleye both rallied from a 1-0 deficit and fought of a late scare, scoring 3 straight goals en route to a 4-3 victory over the Indy Fuel.
Christian Hilbrich scored 2 goals, Tyler Barnes had 3 assists, Kyle Bonis had 2 assists and Pat Nagle stopped 29 of 32 shots as the Walleye took a 2 games-to-none lead over the Fuel.
The Walleye’s website posted a recap:
Walleye take 2-0 series lead with victory over Fuel
(Toledo, OH) – Christian Hilbrich scored twice and Tyler Barnes picked up three assists as the Walleye defeated the Fuel 4-3 on Sunday evening in Toledo. Pat Nagle stopped 29 of 32 shots and is 2-0-0 in the playoffs. Toledo leads the best-of-seven series two games to none.
Tyler Barnes sent a pass back to Christian Hilbrich (3rd), who slammed his shot past Fuel goaltender, Etienne Marcoux, to give the Walleye a 1-0 lead at 8:06 of the first period. Pat Nagle would turn aside all eight shots he faced in the frame.
Indy would score two goals, including a power play goal, in the first 2:34 of the second period to take a 2-1 lead. Colin Jacobs (1st) would find the back of the net to tie the game 2-2 at 16:10 of the frame.
At 1:27 of the third period, Kyle Bonis sent a pass over to Barnes, who then passed the puck to Hilbrich (4th), who buried his shot to score his second of the game to make it 3-2 Walleye. Austen Brassard (1st) would find the back of the net at 17:35 of the frame to extend the Walleye lead to 4-2. The Fuel would pull within a goal at 19:20 to give the final score of 4-3.
- Toledo is 2-0-0 in the postseason and plays on Wednesday and Thursday night in Indy with a 7:05 p.m. puck drop both nights.
- Nagle stopped 29 of 32 shots and is 2-0-0 in the playoffs.
- Tyler Barnes leads the Walleye with six points vs. the Fuel this postseason
- Christian Hilbrich leads the Walleye with four goals against the Fuel this postseason.
- The Walleye have an all-time home playoff record of 19-13.
The Walleye’s website also posted a highlight clip…