Of Red Wings-related note over the course of the past few days (sorry, between a stomach bug and somebody hitting the “hibernate” button, I rather badly needed a couple of days off):
- Ansar Khan wondered aloud whether the Red Wings will sit Niklas Kronwall for back-to-back games and reduce Kronwall’s role in general as the 37-year-old prepares for what might be his final season;
- And Khan suggested that Andreas Athanasiou either has to improve his game-by-game intensity, or he might be traded.
B. The Athletic:
- The good news is that prospect guru Corey Pronman ranks the Wings 7th in organizational rankings…
The bad news is that he’s counting down, not up, so the Wings are ranked as the 24th-best in terms of their prospect pipeline. As you might imagine, I disagree a little bit with Pronman, though I cannot deny that the Red Wings have a litany of grinding forwards and second-or-third-pair defensemen in an organization that endured a rough transition from Jim Nill’s regime to that of Tyler Wright…
- Like it or not, “Mobile ticketing” is the way that you’ll be entering the Little Caesars Arena this upcoming season, so the Wings posted a tutorial about the process:
3. Luke Witkowski flew with the Thunderbirds on Friday, taking a back-seat flight in an F-16D Falcon as a VIP ahead of the Thunder Over Michigan airshow at Willow Run Airport this weekend;
4. Drew Miller is more or less retired after a season playing in the Swedish League, so he spoke with DetroitRedWings.com’s Dana Wakiji from the Wings’ fantasy hockey camp, also speaking with Arthur J. Regner on the latest “Red and White Authority” podcast:
5. Dana Wakiji also filed an article about the Wings’ fantasy hockey camp;
6. And the Wings posted a video of the Danny Cleary hockey school stopping in Bloomfield Hills, MI:
1. On Twitter…
Stars & Stripes Showdown updates ⬇️
– Broadcast/streaming info
– Live auction starting tomorrow
– Ceremonial opening faceoff
– Coaches autograph session
— USA Hockey (@usahockey) August 24, 2018
2. Out west in Victoria, British Columbia, Joe Hicketts spoke with CHEK’s Kevin Charach as he skated with the WHL’s Victoria Royals;
3. According to the Adirondack Daily Enterprise, Jeff Blashill spent part of this week taking part in the USA Hockey Coaches’ Symposium in Lake Placid, NY;
4. And in the gratuitous plug department, my friend Courtney is among the second group of Grand Rapids Griffins alternate jersey design submissions, and UniWatch is asking fans to vote upon said jersey designs.
1. Joe Kocur spoke with Arthur J. Regner for a “Red and White Authority” podcast:
2. The Toledo Blade reports that the Toledo Walleye unveiled a 10th anniversary logo;
3. And Toledo Walleye forward Shane Berschbach engaged in a Q and A with ECHL.com.