MLive’s Scott DeCamp offers details regarding the Red Wings’ annual Street Hockey Summer Tour, which will take place at local Meijer locations in July and August:
Each stop on tour will feature two sessions: One for ages 7-9 and one for ages 10-12. The 7-9 age group will start at 10 a.m. at each stop, and the 10-12 age group will begin at 1 p.m.
Parents/guardians must register their children online in advance of each tour stop at www.detroitredwings.com/streethockey.
Here is the Red Wings Street Hockey Summer Tour schedule and the respective Meijer locations:
- July 16 in Muskegon: 700 W. Norton Ave.
- July 18 in Grand Rapids: 315 Wilson Ave. NW
- July 20 in Battle Creek: 2191 Columbia Ave.
- July 24 in Novi: 49900 Grand River Ave.
- July 26 in Warren: 25225 Schoenherr Rd.
- July 31 in Chesterfield: 27255 23 Mile Rd.
- Aug. 6 in Monroe: 1700 N. Telegraph Rd.
- Aug. 8 in Detroit: 1301 W. Eight Mile Rd.
Each participant will receive a free T-shirt, along with merchandise and prizes, courtesy of Meijer and the Red Wings. Additionally, there will be water and snack breaks for the participants during each clinic.
Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and each stop on the tour is limited to 120 children (60 participants from ages 7-9; 60 participants from ages 10-12).